Friday 7 September 2007

Little Matthew - 6 Weeks Old

It won't be long and Matthew will be bigger then James :) Last week Matthew weighed 10lbs 4oz. Over the past weeks he's become an easier and more predicable baby. He has his fussy, I want to be held times in the morning and evening ... unfortunately the busiest and most hectic times of day, but these times are getting shorter, and since we expect them we've just gotten used to it and learn to work with them. He continues to be a frequent eater, especially during fussy times, often eating hourly, it's amazing how much he can pack away during those hours.


Unlike James, who has diarrhea, Matthew suffers from constipation ... the joys of being a formula fed baby. This means we have the occasional day where he's quiet miserable. When I seen James' pediatrician this week I asked her what to do and she suggested prune juice. I gave him a decent amount the first day and it worked, then I lowered it to more of a maintenance amount, but it looks like I have to increase the amount again as he seems backed up again. James' dietician suggested giving him low iron formula, which I had already started before she suggested even though most of what I read said it won't help. Hopefully we can get it under control so he's not in pain all the time. All considering he's a good baby!!


James (proud and loving big brother) and Matthew ... all dressed up for my brothers wedding.







1 Month Old

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your children are really beautiful! We want you to know that we continue to pray for James and you all! Continue to look to the cross, God is holding you!

Hugs,
Rich and Tracey Stam