Tuesday 30 January 2007

Sleep! :)

I haven't forgotten about the blog ... just seems everytime I sit behind the computer we're busy doing research on something medical ... wow, there is so much to learn about the human body!! We recently received an excellent article from the National Urea Cycle Disorder Foundation (NUCDF) about LPI ... the best and most informative article we have ever gotten about LPI (if interested you can read it here). A lot of what is in it we have already heard, but it really brought a lot of issues closer to reality. There were lots of terms and info in there that we also had to further research to get a better understanding, especially given how James has been doing lately. So between Rob and I we've been slowly working our way through it, sharing websites that we find which help us to understand the article. On top of that I've been working on understanding James' upcoming tests and how they will help, and then some of his recent blood results. Like I said ... wow there is so much to learn!!

Lack of sleep has also caught up on me lately. During the past month James has not been sleeping well, which slowly seems to be getting worse (more on that when I do a proper update) and so most nights I or Rob (he does his share when it gets bad) spend 1-3 hours with him at some point. I was doing well keeping up ... but now I think I need to sleep a few days away!! :) So, I end here and hope to do a detailed update soon.

In the meantime ... thank you all for your comments and e-mails wishing us congratulations and strength in the coming months.

No comments: