Tuesday 5 June 2007

L.O.A.

After lunch today I took a very happy, excited boy home for a few hours. Upon request, we received an LOA (Leave of Absence) for the rest of the day. Since our main concern is now James' nighttime SATs and we're really doing nothing all day except wander the halls and playroom, we request to go home for awhile. Last night I had trouble getting James to go to bed at night, he cried and cried that he wanted to go home. He kept saying "no nose" "go home" "go home daddy". I guess it's my own fault for telling him that once his nose prongs were out he could go home ... gotta be careful, he understands much more then we realize.

All I had to ask was "James want to go home for a little while?" and he was off running down the hall. I had to bring him back to pack a few things and change his clothes, but oh what a smile and bounce in his step ... I couldn't get ready fast enough for him. The elevator also did not go fast enough for him, stopping at each floor, much to his disappointment. When we arrived at Parking he yelled "VAN" and was off running. I have been reminding him over and over that he has to go back to sleep tonight, but I'm afraid we're in for a upset boy come evening time.

Thankfully Marietta is staying close enough to home that she was able to come home after school and I will bring her back after supper. She has been getting a bit homesick lately and is looking forward to the family being back together. Rebecca did cry for a bit on Saturday when she found out that she would have to go away again this week, but Rob said she left with a bounce in her step Sunday night, so thus far she seems to be handling it okay. It's great to be home, even if it's for a few hours ... sure a nice change of scenery ... it just reminds me of how tired I am ... fun how you can keep tickin at the hospital but your body seems to shut down as soon as it gets home.

No comments: