Friday 15 December 2006

Happy Birthday - James is 2!!

Wow, what a year!! I was looking at James' birthday pictures from last year a few days ago and thought to myself "I had no idea what the year would bring." But I suppose we can look at most years and think that in some way shape or form ... so we'll see what I think next year when I look back at this years pictures.

We had a quiet day, there's been enough excitement around here lately so we just had a family day. The highlight of the day was lunch. We picked Marietta up from school and went out for lunch. Since we seldom eat out this is always a big treat for the kids, made even more special by the fact that Marietta got off of school for a bit. It's kinda ironic that we went out for lunch to celebrate James' birthday but yet he couldn't eat there. James will grow up learning that resturants are not really the place for him, except maybe the salad bar. Usually it's no big deal since he eats so little we just give him a bit of our stuff, but with his recent eating habits we decided we best take something along for him and he was happy with that.

Grandpa and Grandma W were in the area doing some visits and stopped in for a quick visit at tea time, other then that it was quiet. I attempted to make a Leon's delivery truck for James' birthday cake. James received this truck once when we were shopping (or just looking, we didn't even buy anything) at Leon's. This truck continues to be his favourite. I'm not very good at that kind of stuff so no laughing, please!! :) The plan had been to make the strips and decoration out of shoestring black licorice, but just our luck, Rob tooted all over and couldn't find any. So I had to settle for some chocolate icing. Regardless of what it looked like, it tasted good!! :)

Grandpa and Grandma D couldn't make it today (or so we told the kids) so we're going there tomorrow. The truth is Santa dropped off a load of presents there and that's the real reason we're going, they just don't know it yet. It's so cute at this age when they still believe in Santa.


Jotting down some thoughts

It was funky hair day
at school today
I think this one was the
favourite toy of the day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday James! Love the cake Steph - very creative! More than I've attempted for birthday cakes!
Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Birthday James, may the Lord bless you with a good year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie

I briefly talked to your husband at church on sunaday, I just want you to know that any time you need a babysitter to call me up, I'm more than willing to help out. Due to being on partial bed rest I was not able to offer help earlier, but now that Mattea is here, please feel free to call. I know what it's like not to be able to be around for your kids due to circumstances beyond your control, and not knowing how you'll find help to care for them!! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May Our Heavenly Father give you renewed strenght day by day!
Karen Mans

Stephanie said...

Hi Karen

Rob told me that he spoke with you Sunday. Thank you so much for the offer, we will certainly keep it in mind next time we're searching for babysitters. If James sticks to the calendar then we actually have a few weeks off for appointments ... a nice change. I'm glad that things went well with your pregnancy, it must be so nice to be able to fully take up your task again ... I know I go nuts being on partial bedrest (no physical work). Thank you for your prayers and support.

meta said...

Happy Birthday James! God's blessings during the next one and may He continually watch over you and your family.
The Kosters
ps. Love your hairdo Marietta!!!