Tuesday 22 May 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!!

Eight years ago at this time we sat and enjoyed good food, good company and good entertainment on a day we had spent over a year planning for ... our wedding day.

Anniversaries are often a time to reflect, today I reflect on how our minister told us during pre-marriage classes that we had no idea what the road ahead of us would bring, happiness and trials. He had an opportunity to remind us of this a few years ago when Justin passed away as he wrote us some very comforting words. Unfortunately those words are packed away in Justin's memory box, for they would be great words to read again today.

The past eight years have definitely had it's happy times as well as it's trails. Today it's harder to focus on the happy, but with some thought we realize how much we can be thankful for ... if I started a list I know it would go on and on. And no matter what the case is today, we can still be thankful that our Heavenly Father is there, watching over us and carrying us through each moment. What a comfort we find in our Lord and Saviour.

And now I must go and join James again.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Ps 18:2

2 comments:

Mrs. Bob said...

happy anniversary!!! we pray the Lord will continue to bless you and grant you strength in the years to come!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
sorry i forgot when i was talking to you.
We wish you the LORD's blessings in the years ahead.

Love