Thursday 3 May 2007

Picture Perfect Pregnancy

26 weeks and 4 days and so far everything is going wonderful. I've been having a perfectly ideal pregnancy with no concerns so far. Sunday we reach the 27 week hurdle, usually where I give one sigh of relief that we made it at least that far. I always say I'll relax after 32 weeks, but that's not really true either, it's like reaching another hurdle knowing that the babies lungs are that much more developed. The biggest sigh comes at 37-38 weeks ... and yet we all know that even full term babies can have their difficulties.

My blood pressure has been excellent lately. There was a couple weeks where is was swinging around and made me more alert to keep an eye on it, but it always stayed in the "okay" levels and lately it's been more steady again ... not that I'm really that faithful on checking it. My sugar levels have been perfect and I can continue to enjoy my food and pig out! :) I even passed the GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) and am officially considered NOT a Gestational Diabetic. They continue to watch me simply because I have been before and usually once you are you continue to be.

Ultrasound today showed baby is growing right on track, estimated to be 2lbs 4oz ... not that I put much stock into their estimates as they usually are off the mark. But it's a comfort to know that baby is on track and the placenta is doing it's job. They checked the kidneys again this time and all is well there too.

So ... just a perfectly rosy pregnancy so far and we count our blessing each week that passes with things going so well.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bob said...

yay! we continue to pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Steph

God obviously thinks you have enough on your plate right now and we are so Thankful everything is going so well. Have fun pigging out!!
Bert & Judy