Wednesday 24 October 2007

Same Old

So it seems that I'm due for an update, but there's really nothing new to tell.

There hasn't really been any change since my last report. James is still fever free but we still are not seeing any changes in his oxygen levels. He has started on antibiotics for his c.diff. He is having some pain and discomfort from the c.diff ... or I'm assuming that's what's causing it. He had similar discomfort last time when they discovered he had c.diff and after a couple days of medication it settled down, so we'll hope for the same effect this time.

Monday night we started the GM-CSF inhaled treatment again. So far the reports from the lab are saying that this seems to be the only effective medication and so we hope this will encourage his macrophages to work again and in turn decrease his current oxygen needs.

Other then that it's just a waiting game. Originally they said they wanted to give the medication a week, but now it seems like they're going to wait out the full 10 days before making any decisions. Sometimes it is frustrating to sit around and wait for something that does not seem to be working anyways, but at the same time we remind ourselves of how different James is, how he never follows the books and how unknown his disease is. This reminds us to try and be patient as we would hate to rush into doing unnecessary procedures if time and patience is all that is needed.

Oh, and in case you noticed that the posts are being done in my name afterall and not Rob's ... I had a chance to look around blogger and found that I could set up it up so I could just send the post directly to the blog via e-mail. I remembered seeing it before and thinking "Why would I need that? If I can send e-mail then I have internet connection and can just post directly on the blog." Well I discovered that's not always the case and it's come in handy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the inhaled treatment will decrease his oxygen levels. We wish you much patience. You are in our prayers. May the Lord be you with always.
The DeJonge family